Thursday, 6 March 2008

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone

Today as the dawn broke over a land no longer my own, Parliament having surrendered our sovereignty to foreign powers, I felt unutterably miserable. Something unique that we made here in Britain, that was formed in the forge of our nationhood, tempered with the blood of our ancestors, something we felt worth fighting for for a thousand years, has been signed away by a treasonous cabal of weak and foolish men. This plunging sense of loss for something not just loved but at the very foundation of being cannot be remedied, nor will time heal a wound so grevious.

I curse the memory of every MP who was complicit in this treason.

4 comments:

Ed said...

It has to pass the Lords first and they could delay it until Mr Brown finds his bottle!

Guthrum said...

And in legal terms it is treason, acting in the interests of a foreign power, without the consent of the people.

thud said...

I always intended to live my life in this great country...now I have to leave as I don't think we will ever regain what now is lost.

Anonymous said...

Guthrum, you'll have noticed they are planning an overhaul of the treason laws...