Saturday, 31 May 2008

Only one way to stop people buying a ciggie brand

The comment on 'Today' this morning from Ed Stourton that his son reacted to the government's proposal to restrict ciggie packets to plain black text on a white background - 'Way cool!' - just demonstrates how away with the fairies ministers are on this issue.

No, we must face it. There's only one sure way to turn smokers away from buying ciggies and that's to force manufacturers to put a picture of Gordon on the packet.

3 comments:

John said...

Brilliant! There are probably many, many places that that tactic might work eg on fast food cartons, hoodie's hoods....

yokel said...

Politician's rosettes?

Anonymous said...

Naked Polly Toynbee....in the passionate embrace of her Viking....both covered in baby oil.

Put that on the ciggy packet and it would certainly stop me from smoking.

Actually, it would stop me from seeing as I'd likely poke my eyes out Oedipus-style if I ever saw such a sight.