- You don't have a clue, do you, Will?Gives a flavour of what Guardian readers think of Hutton's position. The hand-knitted yoghurt sandal wearers have just risen a notch in my opinion.
- The article above is nonsense from top to bottom, a farrago of lies and disinformation. Will Hutton is a painfully constructed and fragile skein of ignorance and vanity.
- Good title - shame about the substance of your article which is nonsense.
- What a load of cobblers! What an arrogant anti-democratic typically europhiliac tissue of lies!
- Will Hutton is either hopelessly misinformed here, or is being disingenuous in the extreme.
- Ah, what a surprise; the oldest lie/disinformation of all from Mr. Hutton: the classic false dichotomy - 'this EU or no EU'.
- Will Hutton, pompous and bloated as ever.
- I do hope Will that you had been drinking heavily before writing this astonishing piece of hectoring, factually incorrect, nonsense.
- This article is nonsense from top to bottom.
- Your article frightened me in its totalitarian tone .
- What a load of absolute rubbish by Hutton.
- The younger more astute Will Hutton would have understood the difference between being Pro-Europe and being Pro-Lisbon
- GO **** YOURSELF Will Hutton!
- This article is nonsense from top to bottom, aside from the first paragraph which was about right.
- Predictable dishonest pro-EU propaganda and fearmongering from a 'made man' in the Euro elite.
- your article is nonsense from top to bottom, cant you understand that some of us quite well understand what the eu wants and we don't like it.
Monday, 16 June 2008
Guardianistas savage Hutton
When that old Blairist Will Hutton tried to make the case for a federal Europe in the Guardian on Saturday, his opinions attracted over 300 reader comments, around 90% of which are unashamedly hostile. Even the Guardianistas, it seems, are fed up with this manipulation: