Monday, 25 August 2008

To the Chairman, Barclays Bank plc

Dear Chairman,

As a customer of long standing, I am concerned at your declining credit ratings . As a responsible customer, I am no longer able to maintain my credit surplus facility in the bank's favour. You will notice I have been buying Krugerrands instead. Please get in touch with me if you are having trouble managing your debt portfolio; I am happy to offer the bank free advice on debt management, and should I notice an improvement in your credit position I may consider reinstating the healthy balance on my accounts in your favour.

Should you become insolvent, this will adversely affect your ability to hold deposits in the future. Your bank is at risk if you fail to maintain deposit repayments from it.

I attach my invoice for £25 to cover my costs in sending this letter.

Faithfully yours etc.

2 comments:

Blue Eyes said...

Somebody I know sent an invoice for the time that he had wasted on the phone to NatWest - charged at his quite substantial consultancy rate, and they paid up!

Newmania said...

I have to say I have a had a good experience of banks.