Sunday, 22 March 2009

Brown launches pre-election Fear Campaign

Following my post below on the news that local government has been given a new Duty of Fear in the run up to the election, Brown officially launches his Fear Campaign in the Observer this morning, with Jacqui Smith due to appear later on the Politics Show to support the launch.

Brown writes
As the threats we face are changing rapidly, we can never assume that the established way of doing things will be enough. We will always make the necessary changes, whether through greater investment, changes to our laws or reforms to the way we do things, to ensure that Britain is protected.
Ah yes. This must be the prelude, the softening-up, to his invoking the provisions of the Civil Contingencies Act at the slightest excuse.

Look. I'm prepared for bombs. I'm prepared for massacre by AK47. I'm prepared for clumsy bio attacks. Yes, terrorists can take out a few hundred or even a few thousand of us if they get through. I'm prepared to pay this cost as the price of a free society. What I'm not going to accept is rule by Brown's diktat because his lust for power has distorted his sanity. The real threat is not al Qaeda, but Gordon Brown.

6 comments:

Gareth said...

"Look. I'm prepared for bombs. I'm prepared for massacre by AK47. I'm prepared for clumsy bio attacks. Yes, terrorists can take out a few hundred or even a few thousand of us if they get through. I'm prepared to pay this cost as the price of a free society."

Terrorists can never kill us all. That is the pragmatic approach to terrorism that Brown & Co. merrily ignore.

ilovepernod said...

478 comments and counting.....
have done a random browse through them and the contempt for brown is palpable. Publishing this self-serving tosh from a cross section of labour ministers must do wonders for the Guardian`s online circulation . We all want to dive in and give them a sound kicking.
Like your blog, Rads.

scunnert said...

Bah Bah Britain - a nation of sheep.

Anonymous said...

Well you all went along with the 'racism is nasty' gang without thinking that maybe racism had a purpose.
And now you have to be protected from you new chums.
next stop Petain.

it's either banned or compulsory said...

Likewise, I would rather take my chances with the slim possibility of getting blown up than let the Labour Party steal my freedoms.

MI5, take note please.

Brown, you are busted, go now, with your gang and perhaps we won't hang you.

hatfield girl said...

'Brown, you are busted, go now, with your gang and perhaps we won't hang you.'

Don't, Banned. I had a quick (very quick because I don't manage that kind of information very well) look at the Nuremberg trials and the sentences. We just want him to go. That will be enough.