Monday, 23 March 2009

Lest anyone be tempted to defend McNulty

The political class has come terribly close to justifying McNulty's thieving today. The Magistrate's tones are far more restrained than mine, but his indignation is none the less;
So what am I supposed to feel as I survey the steady stream of pathetic poor that passes before the bench? .............. I dealt with them all according to the law and within the Guidelines, but as I order a £5 per week deduction from benefit or any of the other tools at our disposal, I won't be able to stop myself comparing these offenders with the MPs who stay the right side of the rules that they wrote for themselves but who haven't even got the excuse of poverty for their behaviour.
Read it and realise the depth of public anger at Parliamentary corruption.

4 comments:

dickiebo said...

And still they talk their way out of it!

Bill Quango MP said...

I have come to the conclusion that a return to 15th century punishment is the only answer.

I fancy a steel cage hanging from a pole somewhere along the Thames. Maybe opposite the Eye.
McNulty is locked in.
That's it.
He is given water each day but no food. He stays there.. well I think was it was traditional to stay there until the bones had actually fallen through the bars.

Just as a lesson you understand. I'd mend my ways for certain.

Trevor said...

Having spent today similarly occupied to Bystander I have moved past indignation.

I feel a blazing anger at the sheer contempt with which the likes of McNulty regard the rest of us and the laws that they are privileged to make.

What exactly should one say to a young single mother who allowed her small children to watch an unlicensed TV - and found herself facing a fine of £240 + £60 costs + £15 victim surcharge.

Who FFS is the victim?

Not that it matters - the £15 goes to the government not the victim.

Where could that young woman find £300? - and why should she have to - to pay McNulty his £60,000 bonus or Wossy his £18M?

So we remit as much as we can decently get away with and she pays £5 a week from her benefit for a few months and goes home to hear about McNulty's £60,000 freeby on top of the rest of his allowances and benefits and salary.

And I come home and try to convince myself that I have done justice.

it's either banned or compulsory said...

Since McNumpty has acknowledged that he is in the wrong by promising to stop thieving, when will we get our money back; before or after he is prosecuted for fraud and abuse of privilege ?