Monday, 1 June 2009

NEIN



I am very happy being European. Our continent is the cradle of all modern civilisation, and I can travel from Vienna to Dublin and see how European thought and philosophy have shaped our built environment. Blind superstition and Enlightenment, Renaissance and humanism all frozen in stone and brick and tile and render, bronze and marble, timber and plaster. One can read a thousand years of the economic history of a town from its architecture. The pompous buildings of the EU and its institutions never fail to raise a bitter chuckle; so much glass, and so little transparency.

Europe is defined by its culture, not by an inhuman bureaucracy that seeks to achieve by Directive what Hitler failed to achieve by armed force. I don't want to be part of a Greater European State. That's why I'm lending my Conservative vote to UKIP this Thursday.

6 comments:

Witterings From Witney said...

Thank you.

John Page said...

Even though they are undemocratic and corrupt?

http://juniusonukip.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

I must admit, I shall be doing the same thing.

I do wish the Conservatives would get their act together on Europe.

AProlefrom1984 said...

well said!

Henry Crun said...

Raedwald, like you I shall vote for UKIP at European level. Much to the dismay of the local councillor that I have been campaigning for at local level.

Alfred the Ordinary said...

I have already done so. (Postal vote)