Friday, 16 April 2010

Debate viewing figures - Raedwald was closest

The viewing figures are in for last night - and they're under 10m. You may recall that I predicted 5m viewers below, widely at variance with PB's David Herdson who predicted 16m, and several miles away from the idiots of the MSM who were predicting over 20m viewers yesterday.

Well, David and gentlemen of the press, I was closest.

The supposed biggest political TV event of the century attracts about as many viewers as a run of the mill episode of Enders or Corrie. What a savage indictment of the depths to which our politics have fallen.

The possibility of an election turn out of under 50% is now firmly on the cards.

4 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

I tend to think the turnout will be higher than the last two general elections as more is obviously at stake. But I could be wrong.

Mike Spilligan said...

I've never before commented on your postings as they are most often "comme il faut" - and not a word too few, nor too many.
So, congratulations on the "accuracy" of your prediction, but I think you're wrong about turnout at the GE. My prediction is 65% - obviously a rounded figure - but I believe that many people have already made up their minds, including the "don't knows" and "don't cares" - and subject to unexpected major events; Israel attacks Iran, for example.

English Pensioner said...

I'm not sure that I agree with conclusion that the viewing figures will reflect the turnout at the polls. I know which way I will vote, so why waste time watching a TV programme from which I am unlikely to learn anything new of relevance?
In fact I watched last week's episode of Midsomer Murders which I had recorded, and I'm sure that I enjoyed that far more!

Curmudgeon said...

In fact I watched last week's episode of Midsomer Murders which I had recorded, and I'm sure that I enjoyed that far more!

Funny, I did exactly the same :-)