Sunday, 11 April 2010

There but for the grace of God ...

When Neil Kinnock treated R4's 'Today' to a large dose of windbag verbosity last week when avoiding answering his interviewer's question, my shouting at the small radio that sits on my desk turned the air blue. Brown and Blair get the same treatment when they appear on TV. But thank goodness for thick Edwardian brick walls - or I might very well find myself in the situation of 64 year old Martin Solomon, who has just been sentenced for the second time for swearing at politicians on his TV.

So many things are illegal in Labour's Britain these days one loses count of the new laws. Things that I grew up with as being perfectly legal, like shouting at the radio, are now, it seems, prohibited by Brown's State.

3 comments:

Kinderling said...

I suffer the same outbursts much to my embarassment. Is it wrong to protest at the country's betrayal at the hands of communist controlled liberals?

JuliaM said...

Even worse was the news that he had been imprisoned for two weeks - I thought we were desperately short of prison spaces?

Budgie said...

Like the publican jailed for not stopping someone else from smoking. This is of course what the Bolsheviks did - make almost everything a crime so that anyone who opposed them could always be "picked up" "legally".