Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Fuel shortage

I'm sorry, I can't do it today. There's a rich palette of happenings out there - the abolition of scores of Quangos, the Electoral Commission report, but right now all I can think about is coffee.

My next delivery will arrive this evening, in good time for tomorrow, and for the next ten weeks, but this morning I shook, brushed, dusted and gathered the very last grains from the last batch to squeeze out a single slightly pale mug of the stuff. And it's not enough.

5 comments:

Weekend Yachtsman said...

Surely they sell Lavazza in your local Tesco's? It's much nicer than that stuff any road.

Anonymous said...

Coffee is the work of the devil. I'll have tea please and make mine an Earl Grey! The perfect brew with which to watch a bonfire burn.

Coney Island

Woodsy42 said...

AHH! That picture could be our pantry. Why is it that french coffee is so much better and cheaper than here in the UK?
Currently using up Jacques Vabre 'nectar' brand that was on offer in Intermarche earlier in the year, it's a bit smoother than 'my tradition' or 'grannie's secret'.

Anonymous said...

Wot's with all the frog language, then? It's only mucked up Latin, you know.

As for the brew, I just buy the cheapest, and then make it last four times as long as the foreigners think I should.

Thirsty Work (ex BBC) said...

Oddly enough, I prefer IKEA medium roast coffee - and I put it together myself with hot water!