Saturday, 26 March 2011

We interview the marchers

"Awrigh' yeah, mate, gissa fag; I'm here because the Tory gubment are destroying my way of life I mean why are we having to walk three miles, eh? Tory cuts. A'orta put buses on, or cabs, for us, know what I mean? They cut all the transport so we have to walk. Gissa tenner" [Darren, 23]


"Well, I'm a Flower Artist and I make pictures of how I see the world from flowers. The council have said they're cutting my grant from eight thousand a year to two hundred and fifty quid and I'm being moved from my free council studio in the Starlight Centre to an old shipping container at the back of the municipal baths; the Tories are taking my right to express myself in my art which is a basic human right and also some of the old people in the libraries where I exhibit don't have any other chance to see high quality art .... no, I haven't sold any of my work yet but that's mainly because it's designed to rot to a brown sludge after three weeks" [Miranda, 30]


"Uhm, I've just come with Jasser and Bish, there; I don't really know what this is all about I don't really follow politics but there's some decent girls about, yah? We're watching the boat race in a pub somewhere, and we're going to try to get into Boujis later .... no, we're at Eton, yah?" [Josh, 17]


"This is the start of the revolution against Tory capitalist hedgey-money, righ? The pipple have had enuff and workers youneye'eh will nevah be defea'eh righ'? [Ed, 41]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - they are all too frickin thick to understand that what they are experiencing is the hangover from the Labour Party.

Coney Island

Tufty said...

There’s a scary side to this too. Substantial numbers of people are genuinely, irredeemably stupid.

English Pensioner said...

These people simply can't understand that there's no money left.
I do however blame the Tories for not hammering this fact home. The should stop talking or "reducing the deficit" which means not borrowing quite so much, and talk of the ever increasing debt and interest payments.
Most of these ignorant idiots don't know the meaning of the word deficit and believe that it is a "posh" word for debt.
The Tories should keep hammering home "The country's debts are still increasing due to us having to borrow to pay for you lot" Maybe a few might understand!

sewa mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Bill Sticker said...

What Tufty said.

JuliaM said...

Having watched the Beeb interview some dimbulbs marching this afternoon, I have to say Raedwald's post is spookily accurate!

Anonymous said...

I said before the election of the new gubment, "who would want this job". I also said that the old gubment under Gordon (the moron) Brown should have been made to stay on and frog-marched into work every day at gunpoint to repair the vandalistic damage they had done to this country.

Coney Island

Dirty in Dalston said...

Municipal baths? Mine was closed in 1992. Not 'ad a wash since nyver...

Sewa Mobil Jogja said...

Thanks for this article. Same like Miranda, i have some problem too like her. Nice to know you. I,am from Indonesia