It seems many people are still confused at the Supplementary top-up system to be used for counting the 'yes' and 'no' votes in next week's referendum on AV. The process is actually very simple;
1. The initial 'yes' and 'no' votes are counted
2. 50% of the difference between the two figures is then either added or subtracted to the initial votes to close the gap
3. If neither vote achieves 62% after this, the remaining 50% of the difference is either added or subtracted to the result of stage 2 above.
4. 'yes' and 'no' votes should now be exactly equal, in line with Labour and LibDem policies on compulsory fairness.
5. Mrs Vince Cable will toss a coin to determine the result, which will be 'yes'.