- Provides heavily subsidised places for the children of servicemen at boarding school
- Allows retirement from active service at 55
- Provides a final salary pension scheme
- Subsidises and preserves regimental and service museums
- Maintains specialist military hospitals
- Provides adequate aftercare for veterans
would really just be restoring the special treatments that successive Labour and Conservative governments have both had a record of dismantling. Or perhaps Dave just wants to replace real benefits with something wholly tokenistic, like a coloured wristband and a free Oyster card?
And when fools and idiots still talk about politics as a 'career' and Party HQs would still fill the House with those with absolutely no life experience beyond playing politicians, Cameron could start by guaranteeing a place on Open Primary longlists for service veterans. Or perhaps he's rather not have independent and experienced minds in place of obedient but jejune lobby fodder?