Thursday, 5 May 2011

UKIP again .....

Many thanks all for the fantastic response to the UKIP post below. Never let it be said that Radders refused a challenge; here are my first efforts at an updated party logo / colours. I've tried to keep some reference to the purple / yellow, but changed the purple to a deep, rich Imperial version and offer some variations on the yellow. Personally, I like the burnt orange version - number 4. Since I'm not a designer, graphic artist or 'creative' you can all be as rude as you like ....

[PS - For any 'creatives' out there, I've also 'united' the leading letters of United Kingdom ... see what I've done there? Also, there's a free online colour combination tool at http://kuler.adobe.com/ for anyone who wants to experiment]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had come to the conclusion that No 4 was my favourite before I got to the part where you stated that it was your favourite also. The joined up U and K is also another winner. I thought you has summink to do with the construction industry, rather than the design industry Radders? :-)

Any chance you can rescue the Olympic logo before 2012?

Coney Island

Anonymous said...

No: 4 it is!

Anonymous said...

Orange has an eye catching effect, I like the idea of the Protesting colour it is redolent of something else..... .

Definitely No 4, Even RCs can wear Orange!

YES, ORANGE and NAVY!

DeeDee99 said...

I like the lime green colour best - but to be honest, I don't think the logo is any better than the current UKIP without the £ symbol.

Span Ows said...

I think you are all going about it the wrong way. Tyrian/Imperial purple is fantastic, what you need to do is remove the yellow puke. If you insist on two colours then add a dark green "a la Wimbledon or something.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous: Orange and purple/blue is the colour on most Orange sashes. :-)