- We get to keep our own seat on the UN Security Council while France has to give hers up to Mr Von Rumpy
- Our 200 mile EEZ gives us exclusive rights to the most productive fishing grounds in Europe
- English has 375 million native speakers throughout the world and a further 1.4 billion for whom it's a second language; German has only 90m native speakers and another 90 million for whom it's a second language
- The UK has had 120 Nobel Laureates; Germany, despite her far larger population, has only has 102 and France a beggarly 58
- It's been 945 years since we were invaded compared with 70 for anywhere else in Europe
Any others you can think of?