Thursday, 8 November 2012

Sorry, just stitching myself together again

No post today - I was dragooned into visibly supporting the sort of mission statement / corporate song mindless dross I rant so strongly against. After watching a series of videos - 'A celebration of Quantity Surveying in the 21st Century', 'True Grit - Quality in Aggregates', and 'NEC3 contract clauses - the new Chaucer' I endured a retarded nincompoop telling me to find a fourth dimension in CAD drawings. 

The effort was too great. Just when I thought I could endure no more and my left palm was bleeding from being stabbed with a 4H pencil to keep my mouth shut, my suit crotch fissured loudly, giving me an unassailable excuse to abandon the madness. Thank you, Saints Felix, Edmund, Audrey and Botolph.

Roll-on retirement.

10 comments:

right_writes said...

Still at least you were able to relax and have a couple of ciggies while putting up wit...

Oh.

Ian Hills said...

How about "The Romance of the Sewage Industry"?

Scrobs... said...


What a waste of time eh...?

Don't go yet, Raeders!

We need a proper builder here!

Cascadian said...

Pay attention Raedwald, it was the fifth dimension of CAD drawings-you know, the dawning of the age of Aquarius-you were supposed to smoke some dope before entering the room.

Highly recommend retirement, construction is just no fun any more.

Anon 2 said...

Oh dear.

Chaucer? Can these people even pronounce the name, let alone understand what he wrote?

Hope you recover soon, Raedwald.

G. Tingey said...

Why can you not, very politely, of course, point out that they're talking tosh? With demostrative, educational examples?
It can be great fun, especially if you can get'em going round in circles...
[ usually a very easy trick in my experience ]

Weekend Yachtsman said...

Are you not yet near enough retirement to openly mock these tossers?

Or is your pension still at their whim?

Sorry for you on either count.

Demetrius said...

Don't you mean Aetheldreda?

Raedwald said...

Yep - She of Ely

Anonymous said...

Retirement? You must remember that Gordon Brown (apologies for mentioning the turd on your blog R) stole most private sector pensions to bolster that of his own and his chums.

As to corporate speak, I just loath it. It must be when you get to 50+ that the scales are taken from your eyes and you see things as they really are.

I was in a corporate meeting some years back when when the sqeeker was referring to "right sizing" and "down sizing" and I siezed my chance when he left an open goal for me. He asked the audience a rhetorical question "what comes after right sizing and down sizing? To which I shouted out "CAPSIZING". The audience roared with laughter and I took voluntary redundancy a couple of months later.

Coney Island