- UKIP sympathisers have gained senior management and executive positions at GCHQ and are targeting the EU in general
- GCHQ buggered the EU's computers in advance of Cameron's action to lead a reduction in the Commission's budget
- The US NSA, acting at GCHQ on behalf of the Israelis, sabotaged EU funding and investment to Palestine and Palestinian groups
- The cyber-guys were bored and attacking Belgium seemed a fun thing to do at the time
- GCHQ thought Belgium was so boring that no-one would notice
Thursday, 3 October 2013
GCHQ UKIP group attacks EU in Cyberwar?
An intriguing report in Der Spiegel about an actual e-warfare cyberattack mounted by GCHQ on Belgacom, a comms provider whose clients include "institutions like the European Commission, the European Council and the European Parliament". The facts that the attack took place seem undeniable, but readers are left wondering why. We can only speculate;