Saturday, 7 November 2015

Chaos, confusion and splits show in German government

On Friday afternoon, the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) was instructed by German Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière that the status of Syrian migrants was to change from full refugee status (initial 3 year right to remain plus right to bring family into Germany) to a subsidiary status which would give them only an initial year with no right to bring their families. 

By early Friday evening the German Federal Government had backtracked, announcing there would be no change in the law. Whilst the Indie only has the early story at time of writing, the Guardian has picked up the later reversal. The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, to whom the Interior Ministry confirmed the initial announcement, also picks up on the reversal but offers no explanation as to the seeming chaos at the heart of the German government.  

Hey ho.

5 comments:

Flaxen Saxon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joe winner said...

I'm deleting most 'news' sites from my favourites list. I'm living the high-life in my bubble but outside all is madness.

Cascadian said...

Merkel's cabinet is disintegrating, public disaffection is openly being expressed.
The political elite (eg obama, camoron, merkel) have been exposed as dreamers wishing that idealistic solutions could be achieved and the costs passed to the next generations. If they succeed your bank deposits and pension pots will be devastated. Street riots may be the only way to depose these dangerous people, they will not listen to the will of the majority.

Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7 November 2015 at 08:05

Eh?

If I recall, I think that I read that post this morn', I didn't see much wrong with it?

WTF Radders - or, is it 'Bugger' who are the culprits?

Raedwald said...

Anon - my fault.

Annoyed by the recent arrest and charge in Gillingham of four full-grown Syrian men for rape of a minor girl in a childrens' home after they had pretended to be under 18 (as many migrants do) I posted a spoof 'appeal' with a pic of an Afghan migrant clearly in his 30s claiming to be '14 or 15' and 'looking forward' to spending time with young English girls. In hindsight, it was inflammatory. So much so that the first poster made a comment that could be read as advocating lethal violence against such 'fake' children.

I think the spoof ad I posted and the comment it provoked were both 'over the line' and removed them both. The fault was mine rather than the commenter's, and I apologise for the comment removal. It is something I have hardly ever done in seven years.