Monday, 11 January 2016

Same trough, different pigs

The Austrian version of our 'snouts in the trough' goes 'Same trough, different pigs'. Demonstrating that there is a certain universality of contempt for all those who enter politics in order to enrich themselves; we've seen 'em all, the lying simpering Straws and Hoons caught on camera selling their honour, the thieves, expense bludgers, home swappers, peculators, fat-fingered mendacious scum scrabbling at the national till, placemen, cheats, frauds, swindlers and crooked chiselers. Such people make up much (but not all) of our parliament. Yes, there remain some honourable members and some do manage to see out their parliamentary career sans wealth, sinecure or fame, earning our respect and honour.  

Amongst them however are not the 25 ex-coalition ministers named by the Mirror today. Nor the 50 or 100 ex Labour ministers not named by the Mirror who have done exactly the same. I'd love to kick their fat privileged egregious arses all the way down Pall Mall with my alpine mountain boots, but am going to have to content myself with piling the odium on their foul and meretricious reputations. 

You are scum. We loathe you. 

God, we need to reform that Augean stable. 

6 comments:

mikebravo said...

The depressing thin is that it would be so easy to rid ourselves of the scum.
The plebs just have to stop voting for their favorite colour and send a local worthy to parliament to represent them. Unfortunately the plebs are stupid and lazy so it goes on and on.

Alternatively a mass hanging.

Cuffleyburgers said...

Radders - surprised to see that one of the names is Owen Paterson, whom I havce always regarded as one of the good ones.

Perhaps there is more to this story that the Mirror has chosen to share with us.

Not that I in any way disagree with your general assessment of the worth of the honourable (sic) members.

Anonymous said...

The majority of men entering politics have always done so to gain money and power. A substantial minority have been fanatics of one kind or another. A small minority are honest and public-spirited.

Electing locals doesn't make much difference: there is a supply of ambitious men in every area.

At the end of Fielding's "Tom Jones", the evil villain is about to buy a seat in Parliament. This is the 1749s.

"Elizabeth I and Her Parliaments" is full of dodgy characters.

The whole point of a Constitution is to set up a structure in which the country can be governed by rogues and fools without falling apart. That is why there must be checks and balances.

Don Cox

Don Cox

Anonymous said...

Raedwald said:

'Demonstrating that there is a certain universality of contempt for all those who enter politics in order to enrich themselves; we've seen 'em all, the lying simpering Straws and Hoons caught on camera selling their honour, the thieves, expense bludgers, home swappers, peculators, fat-fingered mendacious scum scrabbling at the national till, placemen, cheats, frauds, swindlers and crooked chiselers.'

I love it when you talk dirty.

Reminds me of the South Sea Island Bubble, when virtually the entire government were up to their knecks in it when it burst(1720). Venal cunts, past and present.

“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” - Lord Acton

Steve

Sebastian Weetabix said...

We can see from the expenses scandal that 98% of MPs give the other 2% a bad name.

James Higham said...

all the way down Pall Mall

Or down the Hahnenkamm.